Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Recent thoughts across the board

Some recent thoughts on all subjects:

1) Silva-Lidell- Wow. I mean, wow. However, they are going to have to promote the crap out of how good Silva is to pop a big buyrate as the live crowd kinda seemed like...who? It's a risk to have Lidell possibly get destroyed and NOT pop a huge buyrate. That said, I think the rules favor Chuck as without the stomping and soccer kicks you take away a lot of typical Silva finishes

2) ECW-I'm in a quandry here. I want to like it, but man, it's hard. I mean, to date Jerry Lawler's old creedo of Extremely Crappy Wrestling is the truest thing about the new ECW. The idea of bringing in mainstream WWE guys every week is great for ratings but is doing nothing to build the fan base they are looking for. I'm looking forward to CM Punk but having seen him live and on countless ROH vids, I fear the long match concept that got him over will never happen here.

3) I have lost a lot of interest in Smackdown (partly because of the night it's on) and rarely if ever get back to watching it (I TiVo it). That said, I think the 2 tag teams of Kendrick/London and Kash/Noble are the most exciting thing on the show and have a chance (however small) to get over.

4) Similarly, I have lost inerest in TNA. They really took the onus off the best part of the company by moving Joe, Styles, and Daniels out of the X Division. I'm hoping Sen She can catch fire and undo the hard the loss of these three guys and the negative rub of Kevin Nash has done to what was the best part of any PPV's

No comments: